Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Heartwarming Story

A few months ago, back in September, I went to a card class in the Church of two of my friends. One of the ladies in that class just so happened to be a teacher at my son’s middle school. She is also the teacher that helps run the Student Council. She went back and told her counterpart about CFS and they decided they wanted to get the kids involved in a fundraising event for CFS. The student council came up with “Pajama’s for Postage” where each kid had to pay $1.00 to wear their pajama’s to school one day. They did this twice and yesterday I went to a presentation at the Litchfield Middle School so they could present me with this…

913728_10151907508454968_1294624831_o

Yes, those kids raised $500 in postage money! I was amazed and also touched. I also explained to them that their check will help send 38 boxes which is approximately 11,000 cards to the troops, you should have heard them cheer!

Thank you Ms. Irving, Ms. Sidilau, and LMS Students from the bottom of my heart and more! I am honored to say I live in a town with such great people!

Pam

2 comments:

Ashley H said...

Wow!! That is AMAZING! :) Yay for those kids!

vjmockaitis said...

Absolutely fantastic!!!!