Friday, July 4, 2014

Goodbyes are never easy…

This is a very hard post to write. It’s been eight years since CFS was started back in 2006 when a group of friends mailed our first shipment to a Chaplain who was deployed. It started out as a small group of friends supporting a friends husband and turned into a very wonderful non-profit organization that I have had the wonderful experience of running for several years now.

Unfortunately life circumstances have gotten in the way and financially I am unable to carry this on any longer. I always promised myself I would only do it as long as I could afford it and the time has come for me to admit that day.

I have met some wonderful people during this journey, I hope those people will keep in touch. I thank all of you who have contributed whether it be once or over and over. I couldn’t have done this without each and every one of you.

Please do not send any more cards. I will be sending what I have now but no more mailings will be going out. If you are looking for someplace to send cards Operation Write Home is another organization you can look into.  Please be sure to follow their guidelines. 

Again,  I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and wish you all the very best.

Much Love,
Pam

5 comments:

Brenda said...

You have done so much for so many - you should not feel the slightest bit badly about closing out this chapter. Thank you for everything you have done and rest easy knowing that you made a HUGE difference in so many lives!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Pam,

What a blessing this organization was during the 8 years you ran it. You should be very proud of the love and encouragement you shared with so many.

Best wishes in your new endeavors!

Lynne said...

I had just started to make cards for you to send, (first box sent for Round 4), and have another box about ready to send so it makes me sad that you must discontinue your very special organization. What you have done these past 8 years is so wonderful and I wish that I had found you and been a part of it sooner. Best wishes for the future.

Kris Adams said...

I currently make cards for another organization that is local. Matt Maupin was a local solder who lost his life a few years ago and his dad started an organization - the Yellow Ribbon Center. I make cards and organize and drop them off personally to them and they send the cards in the shipments that are sent to our local soldiers serving overseas. If you are interested in contributing, feel free to send the cards to my address and I will organize and drop them off when I drop off my cards. I do this once a month.

Kris Adams
1057 Valley Wood Drive
Batavia, OH 45103

Feel free to contact me if you are interested!

Thanks,

Kris
kris.adams4@aol.com

Cheryl L. said...

Operation Write Home will stop accepting cards on Aug 4, 2015.