Sunday, November 22, 2009

More to Share

I received another wonderful note from a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force who is deployed and using our cards and wanted you all to be able to see what your generosity mean. I’ll put her words in a different color so you know when it’s me again!

Just wanted to say thanks SO much for the beautiful cards and sentiments. I'm an avid letter writer and enjoy making, writing and sending cards across the world. I've probably taken the most cards and used every one of them!! Thanks again. Your passion and care for us over here means a lot and makes a HUGE difference. I appreciate you!

Julie
JULIANA M. ASTRACHAN, Lt Col, USAF
Deputy Division Chief, ANP Personnel
CSTC-A, CJ-1 (Kabul, Afghanistan)

I also had to opportunity to volunteer yesterday for a USO event. My husband, 14 yo son, and I helped stuff 10,389 care packages for the troops. It was a very upbeat and fulfilling event. There were all 4 units of the armed forces represented there as well as people from all over New England who came to help. I was told the USO puts on events like this all over the country so if you can ever get involved in something like this I highly recommend it as it although it was a lot of work it didn’t seem like it at all!

Have a great week!

Pam

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I enjoyedd reading your post